Conference: Identity Schemes in Europe
Tuesday 26 November 10:00 am -1:00 pm (Room 1)
Chaired by Guy de Felcourt, independant Consultant and Expert
At this track TRUSTECH will host a panel of government representatives, and market and technology experts to discuss, share experiences and bring new perspectives to inform current and future strategies on Identity Schemes in Europe.
In today’s digital world, governments are facing crucial orientations when building their identity schemes. These orientations include building digital ecosystems and optimizing national registries usage in full compliance with interoperability, security and privacy guidelines. Each country delivers its own solution with a specific mix of public and private Identity providers. Another key approach is the creation of official documents (driving license, social security, passports or visas, etc.).
It’s a challenging time – especially as governments are gradually moving their official documents to functional identities or mobile-based services.
- What lessons can be learned from these evolutions?
- Should official documents be physical or electronic, or both?
- What are the pros and cons of handling electronic and physical documents in terms of day-to-day use, and with due regard to security?
To attend the conference and get all the answers to these questions, request your free Badge!
10:05 EUROPEAN ECOSYSTEM & REGISTRIES:
E-Government Practice in Europe
- Stefan BODGAN, Policy Officer - European Commission (DG CONNECT)
The National Population Registry and Identity Management in Norway
- Marianne Henriksen, Program Manager for the modernization of the National - Population Registry in Norway - Norwegian Tax Administration, Information Management Division
The Dutch Identity Ecosystem: Lessons Learned from a Public-Private Partnership
- Elly Plooij-van Gorsel, Chair of the Strategic Council of the Dutch eID framework - Dutch Government
11:30 OFFICIAL DOCUMENT ID & MOBILE DERIVED ID: NEW STRATEGIES
Round table Identity Derivation
- Michel Venet, Director of Digital ID GIE SESAM-Vitale
- Kristel Teyras, Chair of the Digital Identity Workgroup - Secure Identity Alliance
Round table: Articulating Official and Functional IDs Worldwide
- Hasan Alkhatib, President - SSN Services
- Sarawanan Ratnam, New Product Development Manager - Percetakan Nasional Malaysia Berhad (Malaysian Security Printing House)
- Thierry Spanjaard, Principal Intelling - Smart Insights
Conference in English, free access to all attendees carrying a Badge